Pivot Charter School, San Diego is a tuition-free public charter school with over 10 years of excellence in distance learning. We make learning from home easier through our proven online curriculum blended with individualized student support.
Our program allows students the flexibility that a traditional, structured classroom cannot offer, while still following an established academic structure that has proven successful for students. Through distance learning, students are able to access their lessons anywhere and at anytime with the support of caring teachers committed to their success. Typically, students have weekday access to Pivot’s resource center (conveniently located in Corona just off the 91 freeway), where they can receive one-on-one tutoring, small group instruction, and opportunities for socialization.
- Pivot provides instruction to students through engaging distance learning, with optional class offerings typically available at our resource center.
- Pivot offers advanced courses (both online and at our resource center), as well as an intervention curriculum to improve basic skills. Students can work at a pace that’s just right for them.
- Teachers focus their time one-on-one with each student; all the support students receive is catered to their individual needs.
- Pivot offers two high school Academies, UPrep or Liberal Arts, based on students’ post-graduation goals.
- Our online curriculum allows students to work at a level and pace commensurate with their abilities, helping to reduce school anxiety.
- Pivot teachers are California-credentialed professionals. Pivot is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).